NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship for Master and PhD Students 2023
Together with the National Research Foundation (NRF) in South Africa, the DAAD awards funding for Master and PhD degrees at South African Universities to South Africans citizens or permanent South African residents as part of its In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme.
The NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship is jointly awarded by the DAAD and the NRF to full-time Master and PhD students in South Africa in all fields of study at any South African university.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): NRF-DAAD, South Africa
Host Institution(s): South African Universities
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Master and PhD
Nationality: South African Students
See Also: Asian and African Students Scholarship at University of Muhammadiyah Malang 2023
NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship | DETAILS
Scholarship holders are eligible to apply for a short-term research stay to Germany. More Information here: NRF-DAAD Short-term Stay Germany Leaflet
- Scholarship holders are eligible to apply for one of five interdisciplinary summer schools offered in Germany during their funding period:
- University of Frankfurt – Environmental and Remote Sensing Data Analysis via Geospatial Technologies in Research and Teaching (27th August – 18th September 2023)
- Hamburg University of Applied Sciences (HAW Hamburg) – Education and Research orientated Training in Health Sciences (1st August – 31st August 2023 )
- Heidelberg University – Enhancing Academic Qualifications in Teaching and Research in Global Health (8th August – 31st August 2023)
- University of Applied Sciences Cologne (TH Köln) – Climate Change Adaptation: Risk Assessment and Design of Interventions (CC-Adapt) (12th August – 3rd September 2023)
- University of Leipzig – Innovators, Doers and Entrepreneurs [at] summer school (IDEAS) (3rd – 24th September; Virtual Conference: 26th – 30th June, 24th – 28th July, 18th – 20th October 2023
To be eligible for NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship for Master and PhD Students, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be a South African citizenship or a permanent South African residency is a requirement for the scholarship.
- Applicants must be 30 (Masters) or 32 (PhD) years of age or younger in the year of application. The NRF minimum academic requirement for postgraduate funding is 65%.
- Applicants must enrol in full-time program
Also Apply: Chevron Nigeria Limited JV Scholarship Awards / Schemes 2023
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants seeking for NRF-DAAD In-Country Scholarship for Master and PhD Students should apply through Application Portal: NRF-DAAD Online Application Submission System.
Please note that the name of the Call is NRF Postgraduate Scholarships.
- The NRF Postgraduate Scholarship Call for funding in 2024 including closing dates can be accessed via the link: https://www.nrf.ac.za/dsi-nrf-postgraduate-student-funding-for-the-2024-academic-year/.
- Once on the NRF Connect system, select the First-time doctoral scholarship application template, and select ‘NRF-DAAD’ scholarship under application applying for.
- NRF Postgraduate Scholarships Call documents are accessible via the link: https://www.nrf.ac.za/nrf-call-for-proposals-for-funding-in-2023-and-2024/
- Please refer to the Application and Funding Guide document from the link for step-by-step guidance on completing the application on the system.
Application Deadline: July 11, 2023